Friday, January 29, 2016

Back to School

We're back to school and things are rolling.  Patricio started Standard IV and Nino is popping in and out of the Preschool class.  He isn't too interested yet but we hope once his uniform arrives, he'll want to spend a little more time there.




I've added some variety to my teaching schedule this year.  In addition to English Standard III, I'm also teaching a bunch of new classes.  I've got Vocational Skills in Standard II.  So far we've been learning to draw without a template.  I've got Personality Development and Sports in Standard III.  So far, the lessons have been games.  Also, Vocational Skills in Standard VI.  We started with letter design.  And finally, Information Communication and Technology in Standards V and VII.  In Standard V, we've been studying about the post office and in Standard VII we've been reviewing MS Word and MS Excel in the computer lab.

I feel like I'm all over the place but it has been fun to do so many different things in so many different classes.  I also distributed all the girls running gear today and we plan to start up again on Monday.  They are very excited.  I hope they feel the same way after their first run!

Trevor has Math and chess club up and running.  He is hoping to get the boys going on football again soon so they can get some games scheduled against other schools quickly. 

All and all, things have been good. We are full steam ahead as we see our departure (in June) coming up on the horizon.  We feel like we have many things to do before we get to that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment