Friday, May 1, 2015

A Long Walk for Tea

Yesterday, May 1, was a holiday so there was no school. My running group decided to use the morning to do some walking since we have been running really hard the last few weeks.  I suggested that they take their mandazi (aka sweet buns) with them so they would have something to eat along the way.  That became quite controversial.....because apparently, you can't have mandazi without tea.  Eventually, they settled on taking both the tea and mandazi with them. 

I wanted to find a cliff that Trevor had been to before.  I thought I know basically how to get there.  But it turned out to be much harder than I had thought and I was lucky that one of the students lived around there and knew where we were going.

The girls kept picking fruit from yards along the way despite how many times I told them that when you are wearing shirts that say the name of your school, it isn't a good idea to pick fruit from someone else's yard....but none of the home owners seemed to mind. 
.
When we got there, it was worth the effort because it was a peaceful setting and a beautiful view.  Today it is back to running, but it was nice to have a little break.






No comments:

Post a Comment