Thursday, April 23, 2015

Feeling Yucky!

This was a rough week for the Mercado/Kearneys in Bukoba.  Nino got a terrible rash on his face.  We are pretty sure that it is impetigo but it sure did look terrible.  We are lucky to have a doctor and nurse (Les and Kristine) in the family that are only a Skype call or email away to help us diagnose and treat illnesses.  Going to the doctor here is really tough for us.  They don't seem to be able to give us much by way of specific information.  And I can't tell you how may times we've been told that drinking cold beverages is what is causing our illnesses.  (Doctors here seem confident enough on that one that maybe I should do some research)  But it seems that with antibiotics and ointment, he is on the mend.

I've also been sick this week.  It feels like I had strep throat although all the doctors were able to say was that I had swollen tonsils.  But regardless, I was totally knocked out for 2.5 days.  When Trevor and I first started dating, I was pretty amazed that he was willing to chaperone for more than one field trip for my sometimes tough to manage students in NYC.  But this week, he went above and beyond by actually teaching all of my classes for three days.  He is a rock star! 

We've hopefully rounded the corner and we'll be feeling fine very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment