Saturday, February 7, 2015

Watch Them Run!

One of my favorite hobbies in Memphis over the last few years was running.  After being here a few months, I decided I wanted to find a way to run here with students.  The Standard VII girls were all for it! My parents' church, Trinity Lutheran Church in Warrenville, Illinois, was kind enough to donate all of the running gear you see here.  The girls are so incredibly grateful! 

Today we starting running.  The girls all ran one mile and we wrote down their times so we can see how they progress over the coming months.  Our goal is to build up to running a 5k.  I've been talking to some folks in town about possibly putting together a formal 5k as a fundraiser for the school.  I'd love to see the girls cross the finish line of a real race with these fantastic shirts! 


No comments:

Post a Comment