Friday, January 16, 2015

This was a short week to kick off the school year.  I did introductory lessons and exercise to get to know my students in all my classes.  One of my goals for the year (and I have several) is to get to know each of my students individually.  That is no easy task when each class has close to 45 students.  The first step was to have each of them fill out an index card with information about their interests and backgrounds.  They were very interesting (and sometimes entertaining....). 

The other task for this week was to give each of my classes their first diagnostic test so I can understand where they are currently performing and better plan my lessons.  Below is a picture of Standard V hard at work on their first diagnostic.  I think I've got three really great classes and next week, the real work begins. 


No comments:

Post a Comment